Have you been thinking of moving to Sherman? See just a few of the many attractions this town has to offer!
Sherman, TX is a quaint town north of Dallas. Most people don’t know how charming and quiet this part of Texas can be, while still offering everything you need from nightlight, shopping, restaurants and more!
As a local to Sherman, I often get asked, “What is there to do in Sherman, and why would people want to move there?” Well, let me first start by saying that Sherman is a central location! It’s a 20 minute drive to Choctaw Casino, 20 minute drive to beautiful Lake Texoma, and an hour drive to Dallas. Regardless of being in a prime area, Sherman has so much to offer. I will share some of my favorite spots:
Cellermans American Pub – Located on Texoma Parkway, this pub is the hot spot in Sherman. Not only do they offer countless beers on tap and a full bar, their food is impeccable. They provide American style food, from burgers, pizza, wraps, pasta, oysters and more! Many people like to sit on the covered patio and enjoy the lively atmosphere, music and the awesome staff working there.
Rendezvous Bar & Grill – Located on Texoma Parkway, this bar is a local’s hang out! It’s a little nook in our small town offering live music, billiards, shuffleboard, outdoor patio and great food! Every Sunday they serve potluck lunch and happy hour for the service industry. Jake and Cliff are the owners and also tend bar. With all of these great qualities, Rendezvous is always poppin!
City Limits – Also located on Texoma Parkway, this restaurant is across the street from the Midway Mall. With a ton of character, many people love to hang out here and watch the game, catch dinner with their friends, or enjoy the outdoor, shaded patio with amazing food! This is an All-American restaurant where you are sure to find locals enjoying the food, drinks, and atmosphere. Don’t forget to try a famous Denny-Rita while you’re there!
Historic Downtown Sherman – The downtown area is an attractive place to hang out, with tons of restaurants and activities. The locals have certainly upgraded the district downtown, converting our historic buildings to restaurants, boutiques and entertainment. Among these are a few spots locals love to hang out at:
- Old Iron Post – A huge restaurant with an even bigger bar, this place offers live music and big TV’s to watch the games!
- Gelati’s Ice Cream Parlor – Located across from OIP, is great gelato! Family owned and operated, they have the best gelato in town!
- Downtown Escape Room – Are you ready for a challenge? If you like to stay active, the Downtown Escape Room will test your problem solving skills and intellect, using clues to escape rooms within a certain time frame.
- Glitzy Girlz Boutique – HELLO LADIES! This boutique so charming, you will spend hours searching through great merchandise and hand-crafted items. Get ready to pull out the pocket books in here and walk out with a new wardrobe!
- Painting with a Twist – Grab your wine and favorite drinks, and get ready for a fun night with your pals, learning how to paint a masterpiece while sipping on your favorite cocktail. Also makes for a great date night with your partner!
- 903 Brewery – Local brew house in Sherman has become a popular spot for events, and beer tasting. Most of the restaurants in Sherman now carry the 903 beers! They offer tours, tastings and events. It’s a great addition to our small town!
Sherman Town Center – Most people ask if we have any major shops in our small town. Of course we do! We have everything you could need from Old Navy, Target, Kohls, Academy, Best Buy, Bed Bath & Beyond, Dennards, Hobby Lobby, Ulta Beauty, and more! Not only does the Town Center have great shopping, you will also find the Cinemark Movie Theather and your chain restaurants such as Texas Roadhouse, Chilis, Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Cheddars and so much more! The Town Center is a hot commodity in Sherman and our Shermanites love shopping and dining around this area – located right off Hwy 75. You can’t miss it!
There is so much more that our small town has to offer, but you will just have to move here to find out! We love our town and the friendly people who reside here, and that’s why we like to keep our little small town a secret 🙂